Sunday, April 17, 2016

Kent State UXD Program- UXD in Practice Reflective Journaling Week 4

So in my project I am creating a ficticous app that tries to align long term goals, sometimes called life accounts (Hyatt & Harkavy, 2016) to our daily and weekly tasks. I took a life coaching class a few years ago and I enjoy testing out new productivity tools. I thought I would try to combined the challenge of setting long term goals with a App that could help steer people back to meeting those long term goals.


Google recently released something called Goals as a part of their Google Calendar product that tries to help use your available time to meet Goals. It is not the same as I envisioned it but in essence my own App and Google Goals project is trying to align (in their own way) the goals we have with the available time that comes to us. I honestly think for a user of Google Calendars their product would work better than mine even if I had a completed App ready. One of the findings from my research is that a persons business or personal calendar is a key tool in keeping things organized from day to day. I still might develop my own version of the App because there are more people that don't use Google Calendar that do. The other reason is I believe my own design tenents including a feature to ask for support for a Life Account or a reminder/todo is more thoughtful in design.


Hyatt, Michael, Harkavy, Daniel, (2016). Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want. Baker Books.

No comments: